Powburn Show Rules 2018
- All Persons entering the show field must pay at the gate. Entry to classes are now FREE.
- Each Exhibitor, previous to placing any article for competition, shall sign a declaration that the products exhibited for prizes are bona-fide his or her own growing, and that they have been in his or her possession for at least two months previous to the day of the show. His or her garden must also be open for inspection by the committee.
- Any Member not found complying with the above rule shall forfeit the prize and be dismissed from the Society.
- Any Person objecting to any exhibit as not conforming to the Rules must state his or her objection in writing to the Secretary before 3:00pm on the day of the Show, along with a deposit of 25p, which will be returned if the objection is justified.
- Competent Judges will be appointed by the committee and their decisions shall in every case be final.
- Prize Money will be paid out on show day if possible.
- The Committee shall manage the general business of the Society, and no alterations or additions to the foregoing rules shall be made except at an Annual Meeting.
- An Annual Meeting of members shall be held for the purpose of electing Office Bearers for the ensuing year.
- Dog Trial entry fee £3 per dog on the field.
- Car Boot Section – Entry £5 per car, £10 per van. Prices include one occupant per vehicle. No trailers.
All articles to be staged by 10:30am and these must remain until the Committee allows them to be removed at 4:30pm, with a lifting ticket. All exhibits at this show will receive reasonable care and attention but the Committee cannot be liable for loss or damage.